Monday, November 19, 2007

painless contraction - day 1

Was admitted to MEH from 19th to 23rd November 2007, that was why I was MIA (missing in action) in my blog. So I will write what happened during those days in detail and date according.

I had a painless contraction for almost several hours and thought nothing wrong with it but my lower abdomen started to act up the numerous of pains till my lower pelvis could not take it longer. Then my hubby contracted my gynae doc Dr Lim TB immediately when my belly became harder and painless. Supposed to go for my gynae appointment on 20th Nov 07 but doc told us to come down instead.

Finally reached Mt Elizabeth centre and went to see my gynae doc and he checked my belly and eventually inserted his finger inside. *scream* never knew that it was very painful till my tears came out. My cervix was slightly opened and was told that it may open within 18 hours today.

Was told that I had to admission to delivery suite at MEH now. I said so soon and managed to stay calm all the way. Before we settle at admission for payment and else, we had our early dinner at delifrance cafe, paragoon at about 4 ++ pm. I ate sandwiches with egg and hot tea to increase my energy for labour in case.

Then we walked back to MEH to settle everything done and ahead to delivery suite at 5 - 6pm. When I lie on bed, nurse and my gynae doc Dr Lim TB came to examine me thoroughly and he inserted inside me to burst my water bag. Could feel the gush of water coming out and it was a huge painful. My cervical dilatation was 1cm opened then.

Firstly was the external electronic fetal monitor on my belly - is used to measure to measure the baby's heart rate and the strength of the uterine contractions.

Then, I had to stand the painful feeling that insert inside my left hand - a drip stand. Till about 10 - 11 plus am, my contraction started acting up very very painful and could not torture it. Nurse told me that drip was for to speed up the open up my cervix.

No choice, so I have to endure it. Very regular yet painful and it kept awaking me up everytimes. And nurses at suite were all very friendly and extremely patience concern about me when came to take temperature and blood pressure on me.

I was grateful with my hubby who was with me the whole day to make sure I was alright but his heart was aching to see me enduring with painful contractions for straight 6 hours constantly.

**to be continued to day 2. **

No comments: