Tuesday, November 20, 2007

final labour - day 2

We did hope to have good news from Dr Lim TB that I could have a natural birth if my cervical dilatation was smooth as I expected. Not only me, my hubby had been praying very hard for everything to be smooth sailing and got it done at 5am. He could not sleep well at delivery suite and kept watching over me. In fact, my heart was aching that he did not sleep more than 8 hours so far.

At 1 - 3am, the contraction was getting worse and more painful till I could not take it longer and unable to stay calm well. I never knew the feeling of being so painful within my own skin inside. And even I screamed at my hubby gently to ask for his comfort and also adjusted my sleeping positions to avoid getting backspin pain grew. I even closed my eyes tightly to tell myself to endure it abit and abit.

Dr Lim TB came and checked and examined me regularly every 3 hours even he is only 60+ years old. Surprised? He is a great patient and effective doctor who is highly recommended by my hubby's cousin and her friends.

Then at about 4am, I could not take pains any longer and asked for pain relief jab on my right butt to control the level of contraction pain. Shall I rate the pain more than 7/10, okie. After 30 minutes, it made me giddy and lessen the pain, then I fell asleep for 2 - 4 hours. Pain relief jab only lasted 4 hours limited.

At 5am, Dr Lim TB came and inserted to check whether my cervix opened or not. Disappointed that it was still remained 1-2cm after 11 hours. I had to endure the contraction pain for straight 11 hours then. Really unexplained why it was like this.

From 6am to 12pm, it was more busier for nurses and Dr Lim TB to check on me every 2-3 hours and of course, I was expecting my cervix to open up faster and sooner. But the pain had increased even more suffering on me. The drip and syntocinon - the drug is administered via an intravenous drip inserted into a vein in my hand.

From 1pm to 3++pm, was the worst part I remembered till now and everything was not within my planning or what I expected. Still, I could not take pain any longer after the first pain-relief jab at 4am. Then at 4pm earlier, I asked for the last pain-relief jab again to control the pain. Lastly, Dr Lim TB came at about 4+ pm and again inserted inside me and found that it was still the same after the longest straight 22 hours. Then he told my hubby that I had to go for induction of labour immediately at 4++pm.

Induction may be used for women who have never shown any signs of going into labour and also a few whose waters have broken but who fail to start contracting within 24 hours.

I was told that the drip or syntocinon or cervix might not used to react on me and it was unexplained case. However, I guess I had no other choice and just hope that my baby is fine & safe during induction.

Nurse said not only me, many pregger women also go for induction for other reasons. But I think I am just luckier as I do not have any history medicine or health problems so I will have higher chance of getting speed recovery after operation as long as I am still into sports. I was told that I am only the one who could stand the pain for the straight 22 hours.


** to be continued - baby jayden arrived on 20th November 2007, just 3 days EDD earlier. **




No comments: