Monday, October 29, 2007

hmhm....just to say

Today I went to MEH for my gynae appointment with my hubby and lucky we were first persons to come earlier at 1.45pm and our appoint time was at 2pm. We did not want to wait longer for our turns lah.

Surprised that the kind nurse staff there showed me the room type and charges at MEH for my d-day there. Seeing the prices compared so much different from other magazines, for eg: staff said
A) 2 days - $2,200 (natural delivery) for 2-bedded room or $2,700 (natural delivery) for single room.
OR
B) 2 days - $2,200 + $350 (for epidural) for 2-bedded room or $2,700 + $350 (for epidural) for single room.

Before we asked nurse staff about this, for other magazines wrote the different price of room type & charges, mentioned 2 days - $4300 +++ for either natural delivery or epidural for single or 2-bedded room.

When seeing this sometimes and also asked my hubby about this, we were nearly puzzled till we decided to ask our gynae doc regards this. He said the prices of MEH at magazine is not accurate and some had not updated.

We know that staying at MEH is very expensive but highly recommendation by our friend and my hubby's cousin. Lucky, we got a special package delivery price from our doc because of my cousin-in-law recommended him to us when I was just 3-4 weeks pregnant.

After scan on my baby, he assured me that baby will come out anytime from 1st November onwards. I said oh really with smile. Next talking about delivery pain-relief, doc said I look strong enough to withstand the pain to have baby out by natural birth instead of epidural. When I heard this, I really could not say anything as I do not know what kind of pain looks like during birth process.

My hubby said I can make it without any pain-relief as I am marathon runner and experienced the pain injury before. I said not really... in fact my looks can be little deceiving and probably I maybe little weak at this time. Nobody can tells lor. After given sometimes to make decision, I told him that I will decide on oxygen breather when the time of d-day comes.

Look at my mother, she never had pain-relief when she born me and eventually she said she had to bear the painful throughout the delivery process that she nearly could not take it but successful but worth experience. No wonder there is a strong bond between me and my mother.

Well, all i do pray for God to guide me and give me strength to bring my baby out safety to this world soon. I am excited to look forward to welcome him with my open arm to hug. hehe.....

We had virtual tour to MEH delivery suite, single and 2-bedded rooms and baby room, everything looks very pleasant and good service. at delivery suite, nurse there is nice enough to give us short brief and tell us what to do when d-day comes. Then at level 4, the nurse guided us to take a short look at single and 2-bedded rooms. Actually both rooms are fine and prefect nice and clean and quiet. Guess it will be more than pleasant staying there :))

No comments: