Saturday, September 01, 2007

In The Third Trimester



Now I am into third trimester towards to my delivery date soon. This book I am reading has never bored me and keep reading them several times to understand better of the baby development inside me. You can see how precious of little life inside you throughout the 9 months pregnancy journey.

Really think third trimester is more fun than the second trimester because can feel baby movement regularly and baby J seems like to get small attention from either me or my hubby. Baby J is really more responsive when my hubby is around with me. Especially at the numerous of nights, I could not sleep well due to baby J's "playful" movement inside me and been trying to tell him to sleep..sleep.... Yet, I smile at him and hubby when sleeping. Think I am little funny lah.

The Developing Baby: -

Subcutaneous fat helps baby to regulate its own body temperature, an essential development for life after dleivery, althought this ability is only partially acquired in the uterus, and newborn babies still lose heat very quickly. As the dat is laid down, the lanugo hair becomes sparser and soon only a few patches over the back and shoulders will remain, although the coating of white vernix will stay untill about 36 weeks. The hair on the scalp will lengthen and the eyebrows and eyelashes will become fuller. Skin creases can be seen on the hands and feet, and little fingernails and toenails are also clearly invisible.

Now that the eyelids are open, baby will start to blink and will become much more aware of difference in light. This new sense allows the baby to be more responsive to external stimuli; many mothers notice their babies has developed a distinct pattern of rest alternating with activity. The baby is also able to start focusing at this stage, although the distance is limited to about 15-20cm until after the brith.

This interesting part from the book I chose to let you know or read for your future reference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

coolz.. congrat tht u reach 3rd trimester. Do take good care towards to yr delivery ok.
See u again!

~ cAtHeRiNe ~ said...

hihi.. Absolutely I will...thanks sweetie. take care, ya :))