Saturday, September 16, 2006

Best Spicy / Black Pepper at Changi Village Road

On 9th September 2006 (Saturday), B and J were having 2-hours bowling training at SAFRA Tampines while I was sitting & reading fashion magazine to create alot of fantastic & creative ideas for my work. Till about 8 at night, we went to Changi Village. Alamak, we hailed the taxi and then suddenly I noticed something wrong with taxi driver with long pony tail using longer road to Changi Village about 25 mins to reach. I realised he was using PIE from Tampines SAFRA to Changi Village and wanted to alert B (my hubby). But chose to keep quiet till reached there then tell him. Should be about 15 mins to reach there using Tampines to Loyang isnt it. Over nevermind....Now we were walking to look for seafood restaurant...

This is the best seafood restaurant (LEE HUP LEE SEAFOOD & BBQ). Hey... unfortunately was that we missed the chance to eat BBQ chicken wings and staty as it only closes at 8pm. We reached there after 8pm sigh..... I took this picture from where we found the seats to sit because almost 98% tables are full. But only this seafood opens from 11am to 11pm daily. Relax lah... hehe..

I finally found the block and quickly took this picture for you all in case you want to go there to try out the biggest crab in Changi Village...really.. I am not kidding you anyway.. You only seen the small or normal size of crabs found somewhere in seafood at some coffeeshop. This is the Block 3 Changi Village Road and it is slightly nearer to Puala Ubi Ferry Centre if I am not wrong as I had been to Puala Ubi four times before for Outward Bound Camp and Survival & Leadership Training Camp when I was in between secondary two to three then.

Told you already ...... See all the tables are fully...even you may never find the empy tables to grab... in end you gotta to wait till 11pm then you will go home with sulk face... hahaha.... kidding... The seafood staffs are friendly and nice, they will help you to find tables for you lah.


This is my idea and I am trying to experiement with this HEINEKEN Beer bottle like this... I did not know why I like to doing like this. I just like to take photos which must be candid or interesting with some concepts within. Alamak.. I wished is that I should be in Art Director Marketing for Heineken to boost on rising sales because new beer from Thailand - Chang launched already. Alot people drank this new thai beer.


This picture is non flashing... Just testing only... The bottle at right side slanted against the glass was empty. It looks blanded and abit dark...so i tried another way... see down ......


This is the flashing picture..more brighter and can see the green colour appeared.. Green should be seen as the bottle is green color. oh...sound interesting promotion to create for this Heineken like saying - Buy 2 Heineken Bottles and enjoy 1 free flow glass....think what I am just creating interesting ideas only. Not real ones.


This glass is not Heineken as it is Tiger so I hide it behind... that is why you see no logo picture on glass.. This is only first basic of photos...


Heineken Fans - who loves to drink this same beer since then. They didnt change any brand of beers to drink. New spokepersons for Heineken ??? hahaahaha... oh sorry I bet you know who they are.. I have to cover part of their faces to protect their identifies. Not only them, I also protect the identify of my family, relatives, my good friends and B & J's friends in army camp. I do not like to show them too much to public blog here and i prefer to keep in low profile. Not like xiaxue's world well-known celebrity blogger. *grinz......*


Here is the first dish arrival on table - SPICY Biggest Crab with 3 toasted buns. ops... one bun is missing as J ate because he was very hungry. We waited for food to ready very long about 30 minutes approx but worth waiting and food turns out so YUMMY !~!~!~!~!~!~! >>>>> DROOLING...... hahaha... It is biggest crab more than what you think... I think you all have seen small crabs in fish tank (glass) in normal seafood at coffeeshop right.. This LEE HUP LEE is different.. all biggest crabs are kept in individual big thick box.. very heavy crabs lah..


This is spicy mussles.... Compared to streamed mussles in Thailand is very different. I simply cannot describe it in detail.. But this one is not bad.

Ordered 5 dishes - Spicy Crab, Black Pepper Crab, Spicy Mussles, KongKong (spicy veggy) and sting ray. Suitable for about 4 persons to have those meals. Only 3 persons, simply could not finished it..but slowly........


See....Black Pepper Crab is very big and shell also bigger... Guess what it's weight?? I had seen the receipt of this weight.. it was 52.8kg.... can you imagine it ?? I did not know it till I saw the receipt. Shocking.......


I used the spoon (same size as your spoon at home) to measure this bigger claw of crab. Shell is very thick and hard to take out. Need much strength to break the shell then eat the meat. You see spicy juicy everywhere on claw is nicer to eat. The meat inside is more soft and tender...just right to eat slowly.


I immediately held J before eating this.. I asked him to put his hand near to this claw. This claw is just abit bigger than his hand. Next time you try order Black Pepper Crab with your friends then you will know. Once you see this crab, your eyes will keep blinking and rolling many times till your jaw will opened for a while ...really.. hehe.... I am not talking craps here further.....


Finally after 2 hours slowly eating those biggest crabs....Poor crab bones were all broken... shattered everywhere on table... B and J managed to finish those.. I gave up at half way as I could not finish this crabs. I only ate 2 claws (spicy and black pepper) then ate the other rest like mussles or else only. I think it is more suitable for men who can finish the big crabs as they have bigger stomachs than women.

Friends, I highly recommend you all to have chance to eat this yummy crabs and I gave LEE HUP LEE Seafood Restaurant rating 4 out of 5.

Why I gave this rating and missed out the rest of one score? The main reason was that because of BBQ chicken wing and staty closes so early at 8pm. Should extend to 11pm same as this seafood. I noticed many people went to this stall and the men said closed. So B also tried go there and asked this. He said the same thing. Sigh....

No comments: