Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Old And New The Cathay Cineplex

I finally took this old The Cathy Cineplex before it transformed into new building looks. Read the notice said that the building was like this from 1939 till 1990... Not much saying on the notice... Wow so long years..still the building looks exactly the same till now..especially the outer building only. Not inside one.

Happening to recall my bad rememberance when I was only about 6 years old, my uncle who loved to watch moives frequently and I was always dragged along with him and his friends. Then I still remember this front enterance so much similar in about 1980s. Not this picture of moive "sleeping beauty". Before we went inside cinema, i saw alot of people gathering around the van with transparent glasses window.

Guess what was inside the white posh van? It was a english style coffin with half open.

Was very shocked to see coffin and did not know what movie I was watching with my uncle and could not communicate with him due to crowd around me. Then he bought me sweet corn pop and drink and told me that we were going in. I nodded my head.

One of his friends said that it was a vampire moive in english show. Shit, it was about 930pm and alot people walked slowly up to cinema. very very crowd... I did not know why why... Then I held my uncle's hand tightly and shaked him to ask why must we look up.

Then he told me that there was a vampire man who hanged at the cinema ceiling at the open near entrance. Saw his black boots was left on stair and the other was on silver holder. So I looked up and screamed that what I saw was a REAL HUMAN VAMPIRE MAN with white fangs on his teeth, his eyes was opening but his eye balls was upwards. He was in black long coat. I started to cry and screamed for "mummy..... daddy....." in public.

My uncle's female friend carried me immediately inside cinema and tried hard to stop me crying. We could not get out as too many people behind us walking up the main cinema. When the moive started at 10.30pm, again I saw the vampire man appeared so big.. I could hear his voice so loudly in horror sound like vampire... could not describe its sound effect. It was very scary and it frightened... I hide myself under the seat and refused to watch & covered my ears.

Till when the show ended about midnight, my uncle carried me back home by taxi. I started to cry again as I still could hear the sound of vampire voice which was following me. I was extremely frightened and could not stop crying. My mother was worried and got no idea in end.

At about 3am, my mother tried very hard to make me sleep, I could not. Because I could hear vampire horror voice inside my mind ...it was kinda disturbing me. I kept telling my mother that vampire man was following me. Then till now, I never watch vampire or haunted show again. I took some years to overcome this fears.
It is my true story which is not so easy to forget till now.

This one is the front entrance which never changed...Only some parts changed or upgraded differently.

This one is the open space of entrance... before that... it was where the vampire man was hanged at up cinema ceiling in 1985 or 1986 of old movie where my uncle looked up before telling me this.

Now new design had changed its building looks with colorful decorations with pictures.

That one was where the white van with coffin inside was parking here near entrance where alot of people gathered to take look there. Then looked inside was so much 100% different from the last time. Before that, it was a long stair at main face near entrance. Not no more stairs and the cinema had changed to other sides of right with lift to go up. It was far better than the last time.


I merely took this picture as it gave me good idea to do my work related to fashion ideas.... But I do not know what is TEQUILA so I am going to find out more about this one day.

No comments: