Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Amazing Relax Shop Indulge - Vivo City


My dear and I planned to go newly opening Vivo City but for alot of indian banglas workers.. felt like wanting to avoid them and looked out for empy space where we could wait for train to come & on board.

Then walking along the NEL glass window with many different poses about VIVO CITY, wont get bored to see.

This pose caught my eyes an and I walked down to NEL train from Outram Park MRT, then saw... I kinda like this the best as it is more professional & adverstisement meanings...See the words said "relax...shop....indulge..." it really speaks alot of thousand words when we went into VIVO CITY.



Happening to remember my primary school days that I visited the old WORLD TRADE CENTRE which has many expo halls for various activities or events before the new building of VIVO
CITY.
Times fly very fast and see things developing so much different.

Alot of people become so so KIASU and they rushed & walked very fast to enter this shopping mall.

Then my dear asked me why the developer chose this word "VIVO CITY".

Paused and I stumped for sometimes...replied him "i really dunno lor."

Before walking around this mall, I decided to take pictures outside first.




Actually it is about 2-3 times bigger than TakaShiMaya, Orchard.

When we went inside, we suddenly like became "ants" to this huge shopping malls and every shops are too far to us. We got to walk walk walk walk to every shops and restaurants, baby shops, else....

Then saw the 2 security guards, using auto trolley walker to roam around.

Unfortunately, we could not find the Golden Village cinema. Inside has everythings like got 2 food courts, 2 biggest supermarkets, Mango, Zara, Adidas and else many. Surprised, GAP outlet opened finally.

In GAP Outlet, we first walked in and I saw the nice brown leather sling bag. Wanted to buy it for my dear but saw the price, I nearly suffocated..it costs $300++ just for one bag. No thanks to this bag which is just plain simple design with 3 figures selling price.

But when walked up to top floor, whoa.. so nice designed playground for kids only. Some parts are not yet building... Same some shops have not opened yet. Then saw the banner said the GRAND OPENING will be on 1st December 2006. I wont come there with my hubby as we hate too crowd people around us. Difficult for us to walk through.


Then we saw the small shop with long queues and we were alittle curious to see what was that. Realised that it is new ToastBox, compared to Kaya Toast.

This toastbox is far better than Kaya Toast as got old equipments like 1950 - 1960s to display there and even the tables and seats all are in made of wood. Interesting to see.... also got old calendar with many pictures of horses and else.





Let see the new menu of Toast Box... It is abit different from kaya toast menu...


At Toast Box, this menu has provided at every tables and do not have to take trouble to walk up to counter to see the menu on top window broad.

Even take sweet time to see meun before ordering...


Got 3 pictures of different sets. And we ordered Set A and another thick toast with different toppings.








See got malay foods included.... Mee Siam, Thai Style Tauhu Goreng, Nasi Lemak and few mores...

That time we reached there abot 8.00pm, no more iced drink and some like soft buns finished.. No chance to eat.













This thick toast toppings reminded of my times with my dear in Bangkok, Thailand. We visited the new shopping mall near our Hotel then we saw the new food court. I even ordered 3 different thick toast toppings, strawberry, green coconunt kaya and thai chocolate. Each toast topping only range 50 - 60 bahts.

Now in Vivo City, got toast box selling thick toast topping on single bread. Abit same but different taste.


Closer photo to this thick toast topping breads. left one is mixed butter & kaya and right is chocolate. Each bread is cut into 9 small cube pieces is easy to eat.

Before serving the topping, bread has to be toasted first till it is little crispy hard one. So easy to put topping on it so that the bread wont get sloppy easily.




I asked my dear to hold the chocolate cube piece while I held the kaya cube so that I could spre my right hand to take picture of this.

Turned out, it is more clearer & ineresting to see every parts of toasted bread with toppings....

The chocolate drip is everywhere on bread side. Yeah it was yummy which my dear said so. For kaya, the butter already melt inside the bread.


The side wide of toasted bread is abit bigger than the thin brown bread at Kaya Toast.

Give yourselves a try to eat this thick toast topping when you will know.

Worth trying it.

No comments: