Saturday, October 07, 2006

Friends: - Be WARNED to know about this.

Yesterday, I went to Orchard MRT to meet my buyer to pass her clothes then I headed to Shaw Centre to get some drink...idotic HAZE hit everywhere in Singapore, not only this - also in Malaysia and Thailand. Even your noses will be fill with those horror black dusts of haze which go in yours.. haha.. really what..

There was a long bench near MacDonald cafe outside and I sat there for while before heading to Far East Plaza to do some fashion informations. Then I saw one ang moh man who walked around many tables which occupied by people then he put small paper on tables, with words said "Buy badget $5.00 as need money to make living here."

I did not need to read it but seen him outside few times upon by chance. I only heard of this issue thousand times from my circle of hearing friends who had been approached by this ang moh man or other men who selling dolls many times. They were very irrirated of this and asked me whether are they my friends or not. Because they thought that those are in same condition as me.

I was extremely embarrassed to hear this as but I told my hearing friends that I do not belong to deaf world. I already stepped out from deaf world when I first entered secondary school where I mixed & studied together with hearing students. Can you imagine how do I understand teachers when teaching in class, together with 40 hearing students?
Of course, I taught some sign languages to classmate who was my interpreter and sat besides me and lucky that she was with me from Sec 1 to 4. Mostly, I did study myself with some notes support from my subject teachers.

But do not describe in the word of "mute" or "handicapped" or "because those words are considered "insult" to deaf people. Bear in mind.

I have seen few people doing this so long already till now.. gosh!. I bet that you have seen them before..for eg: 2 or 3 men who claimed from Thailand or what and carried alot of cartoon characters dolls to sell at $10.00. I heard this from my friends also.

But come to think about this, who knows that those kinda of people who selling dolls or badgets, they are probably fake or pretended to be deaf. You will never know. I never use hand sign to talk to them, whenever I saw them by chance, I kept quiet and pretend dont see them - BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW THEM.

In that case, you got to be careful when you are approached by those people. But NEVER say Hi to them. If they show you the paper note which tell you to buy dolls or else, so you just put alittle smile and shake your head - means you do not want to buy it to avoid offending them. If you do not want to shake your head, just use your hand to wave.

*In Singapore, there are about 60% percent out of estimate 5000 deaf people are educated with their passed certificates of either N & O levels, ITE, Poly and University wont doing like this to walk around to sell badgets or character dolls. The rest of percent are the catergory of over 40 years old doing decent & stable jobs.*

No comments: