Thursday, March 06, 2008

dream team makeovers

Team 1

BEFORE: "I don't know what my natural color is anymore -- I've been lightening my hair for about 10 years. Plus, I'd like to get a better shape; I've been wearing my hair long recently, and I just don't know what to do with it." -Trang Chuong, 35, journalist

Fine-hair fix: "Trang's hair was lackluster," says Tim. To energize it, he gave her a blunt cut just at the collarbone. "It's a great length for fine hair like Trang's," says Tim. "It still looks long, but it doesn't lose heft the way it does when it's longer." He then went in and gave Trang some long, "flicky" layers and full bangs to frame her face and balance her broad forehead.

Volume-boosting color: "When your hair color and skin color are too similar, the skin tends to look washed out," explains Rita. "By adding more depth to Trang's hair, we gave her skin a more youthful glow." Rita darkened Trang's base to a chocolate brown, and added a variety of highlight shades -- honey, caramel, golden blonde -- to create the illusion of fullness. Says Rita, "The blonde pieces will help smooth Trang's transition to a darker shade."

The upkeep product: Charles Worthington London Big Hair Texturizing Salt Spray, $6, adds body to Trang's layers. AFTER: "It was hard for me to leave blonde behind, but suddenly I'm a sexy brunette!" -Trang

Team 2

BEFORE: "My hair is so fine that it's really hard to do anything with it. I've tried curling it, perming it -- nothing seems to give it body! Also, it's naturally light brown, and though I color it blonde, my hair has an odd orange tone." -Jennifer Farmer, 29, fashion merchandiser

A hair-lifting cut: "The length of Jennifer's hair was dragging her down," says Peter. So he cut chunky, shorter layers around Jen's crown, then cut "swoopy" bangs that go from short to longer pieces. "That way, Jen can have bangs, but they won't hang in her face," Peter says. To style, all Jen needs to do is flip her head over and move the blow-dryer around like it's a windy day.

Natural-looking color: "Jen's hair color was a little schizo," says Kim. "Blonde at the tips, uneven in the middle, and dark at the roots." For color direction, Kim looked into Jen's eyes -- and saw beautiful honey-brown flecks he just had to enhance. So he gave her a maple-blonde color, then hand-painted pieces of different thicknesses so the highlights would mimic natural hair color: "The thinner pieces will appear baby blonde, and the thicker pieces will go more golden," says Kim.

The upkeep product: Kim Vo Dry Serum Perfect Polish, $55, will help Jen's blonde stay shiny between salon visits.AFTER: "I'm originally from Texas, and at last I don't feel like a small-town girl living in the city -- I look like a New Yorker!" -Jennifer

I really admire those dream team makeover who can transform women into a brand new look differently from the last time look. How i wish they can do to my hair to make it look something new different. That is why I have been long thinking of a new hairstyle to suit my image look and a new trend hair for this year. Have not find any best salon recommended. I never want to crop off my long hair.

I fear of going to m'sia JB to have my hair done at mirror talk salon at holiday plaza where I used to for the past 2 years. But no more go there due to the unhealthy crime there that is not safe to go. Or maybe I wait the next few months more for JB crime drops or cool stable....

No comments: