Sunday, March 04, 2007

We Lost In Big Jungle

Last night, we watched Man United and Liverpool together. And we were all frightened and prayed to have a goal despite of MU's shot only 4 while Liverpool's shot 14 which is more lot already. We almost went to sleep as we would go for running ar MacRitches Reservoir today. In end we stayed on and saw the free kick by Ronaldo and miracle came after O Shea found the right spot to score a goal to lead 12 points gap away from Chelsea in EPL table.

We rushed back to bed to sleep as got to wake up at 6.30am...sunday morning mah... Before head off to MacRitches Reservoir, I asked my dear if he knows the map well there or not.. If not later we lost there how.. sweating... Then he kept assumed me saying "dont worry, dear. I know the route to run." It was such a relief to me at first place.

Then when we reached there and saw car park full and see alot of marathon runners and cyclists there. Never know it is such so many people and it did not affect us anyway either. Lucky we found to park there. Then we walked to the map to see where to run... this area is so....sososososososos big and got few colors routes which state the distances to run.
Example: Pink Route: 2.4km, Black Route: 4.7km, Green Route: 9.0km, Yellow Route: 11.5km and Orange Route: 18km.

When I looked at this map, my mind went blank and blur... not sure of which route directions to lead us to run. I had been there once during my cross-country championship for my Boon Lay Secondary School only then after this, I never go there ever again. Till now today, when I was there and could not remember which route where I ran before with my cross-country team during my ECA days. That was long ago already.

My dear kept asking me which one should we go running then I stared back at him to say that I cannot be too sure and tried our luck to run anyhow after memoried the route on map. Also we followed the path as well. We ran till the most difficult was the path turned out wet, slippery,muddy, alot of stones and alot of trees everywhere. Still got people running this routes. I started to frown to say is it correct route ah.

I nearly fell but lucky I managed to balance & control and we kept running. We ran on wooden paths near reservoir and saw the army marathon runners and asked them for help where is the way out. He told us to run about 4km more to reach there. So we ran till we reached at somewhere which got tall building and map said golf trails, we seemed lost them and did not know which routes to go back. Then we ended up scolding each other in biggest jungle and I was too frightened as I disliked the eerie sound there. I screamed at my dear to find ways out and faster to walk & run. All I want to be safe and sound, yet my dear told me to be relax at quite jungle huh..

Guess what happened next...we ended up at dead end which is at golf country club which is very far away from MacRitches Reservoir. Extremely hot and tired. Started run at 8am and ended almost 10am something. My running shoes was spolit. Then we approached to country club staffs for help to call taxi to bring us back there.

Our legs was very very very painful and really aching everywhere... we had breakfast together then ahead home to rest. Today was our first time happening to experience something like this. I told him that I will never go there ever again.


My running shoes had been with me since late 2004 that I started running. Used to be cross country runner for BLSS 1998-1999 then other track & field 1998 - 2001.

This shoes is actually has some sentimentals to me and I could not bear to throw them away. First: my dear bought this for me to start running again to stay fit, second: it left me a great feeling after I completed run 10km of Army Half Marathon & Sheare Bridge 2006 with my dear and last one: finally finished 10km women run of Standard Chartered Marathon 2006 clocked in 1hr 12mins and 35secs.
Those black parts were come out or dropped somewhere at MacRitches Reservoir. Sad....



Again my dear bought this new pair of Adidas running shoes for me today. Switched branded to adidas from long time Nike.



Trying to get used to this new pair and will going to start running again after my legs recover.
Only about $85.00 after given discount 10%.
I love this color.





Sole based is nice color and light and stronger than my old Nike running shoes.
Hope it will help me better for my next 21km run coming in August 2007.


No comments: