Thursday, August 31, 2006

My 1st time - Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2006

This picture is such a good photo taken. The guy has a real spirit look of winning the completed route. But to my other 2nd option, he looked like feeling very exhausted and even his eyes closed tightly... I will said THUMB UP to the person who took this excellent picture.


This is the original route map of Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2006. But this map looks more tough than the route map of SAFRA Sheares Bridge Run 2006. Gotta to read this map over many times in order to get familiar with it.

WHY I am doing this ??

The new reason is that my first time to sign up for this Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2006 and it looks very very new to me. Because I had partipant SAFRA Sheares Bridge Run 1999 and 2006 already and became familiar with it. So I knew what to do like how to deal with myself when I was going to run on the road. I have hearing condition like (hearing impaired) so I had to know everything to be prepared before I started to go running so that nothing will happened to me.

When my dear is already signed up this for me and I decided to go in internet about this event and read everything about event information, route guide and else... till I saw the Race Catergory and Start Times. For example: Men catergory starts running at 07.00am while I (woman) starts running at 07.30am. I started to sweating & wondering after see this.

Start Times
Marathon - 06:00 am
Half Marathon - 06:30 am
10km - Men* - 07:00 am
Team - Men* - 07:00 am
Team Mixed (Men)* - 07:00 am
10km - Women* - 07:30 am
Team - Women* - 07:30 am
Team Mixed (Women)* - 07:30 am
Kids Dash - 10:00 am
Wheelchair - 10:15 am

* All men participating in the 10km, Team, and Team Mixed categories will commence their race at 07:00am.* All women in the 10km, Team and Team Mixed categories will commence their race at 07:30am.

Because on 27th August 2006 - SAFRA Sheares Bridge Run 2006, my dear was running together with me to complete 10km and he helped to interpreter like saying rain was coming soon or also heard 1 army guy said to run 10km was on left white 6km city fun run was on right. My dear told me this as I could not hear him. If not for him, I might ran to the wrong route.

Now is Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon will be more difficult for me as I will be running at different timing from my dear. So seem like that I have to run alone all the way to finish 10km myself, gosh....gosh... :((

Think I seem cannot seek some help from this organisation of Standard Chartered Marathon about this...I really wish they allow me to run together with my dear at 07.00am instead 07.30am. If not, I may have no choice to run alone to challenge myself to finsh 10km. :((

Good luck to you SCS Marathan signed up runners for this coming on 3rd December 2006.

No comments: